That’s the average number of houses a buyer will look at before they choose to buy.*
Home shopping can be both exciting and exhausting but doing some preparation before you hit the street to look at homes will help out tremendously.
Chances are you’ve already started your search online. In addition to the sites that you’ve already visited, I would suggest you look at:
When you find a listing online that you’re interested in, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only will I arrange a showing time for us to view the property, I will also search the MLS for similar properties so you can look at other homes like the ones you’ve found.
Here are some great tips to keep in mind while you’re home shopping:
- 1. Don’t view too many properties in one day.
- 2. Bring a notebook, pen and/or digital camera with you as you search.
- 3. Keep a folder with flyers or print outs on properties that you’ve viewed.
- 4. When you find a property you like, visit it at different times of the day.
- 5. Don’t be put off by interior decorations – they can and will be changed.
*According to Housing and Urban Development